One of my favorite parts of Christmas dinner is the ham. I looove ham. lol. This year my father-in-law bought us an 8lb ham and told us to give it a try. I was super excited and REALLY nervous....But it ended up turning out really good. I'm pretty proud of myself. I've never made a ham before so this was definitely a first. Anyway I thought I would share my recipe with you, just in case there is anyone out there like me who is "cooking challenged" lol. Here goes:
it tastes better than it looks, I promise!!Christmas ham:
- Remove ham from plastic wrapping and rinse under water for about 15-20 seconds
- Push about 10-12 cloves into fat of ham (none on the end/the cut side)
- Put 2 1/2 cups of water into the pot you are going to use to bake the ham in (i lined my pan with aluminum foil because it was old and the Teflon was wearing off)
- Put ham in pot and cover with lid or aluminum foil and put in oven at 325 degrees
- Leave in the oven for 1 1/4 hour
- Remove ham from the oven and take off lid/foil and slit the top of ham in a checkerboard pattern
- Heat 1/4 cup syrup(I used Mrs. Butterworth) and 2/3 cup brown sugar in microwave about 1 minute
- Pour 3/4 of mixture over ham, save rest for later!
- Put the ham back in the oven for 20-25minutes
- Remove from oven and pour remainder of mixture over ham and put back in the oven for about 10 minutes
Remove and you are all done!!
My hubby approves!!! =P